Partner & C.O.O
Allison R. Burns is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the United States District Court in the District of Massachusetts. Attorney Burns is an accomplished attorney at Casey & Lundregan, who oversees each of our areas of law. With a focus on client relationships, Attorney Burns strives to give care and attention to each and every client represented by our firm.
Attorney Burns graduated Cum Laude from Suffolk University Law School. In her first year of law school, Attorney Burns earned the award of Distinguished Oral Advocate in Suffolk’s Legal Practice Skills program, a rigorous practical skills class. Allison was admitted to the Suffolk University Law Review as a staff writer and then served as a Note Editor in her third year. Allison’s published work, Tightening the Bridle: Guiding Judicial Discretion in Child Custody Decisions (Pending Massachusetts House Bill 1207), was incorporated into the 50th edition of the Suffolk University Law Review in 2017. In her third year, Allison participated in Suffolk University’s prestigious Clinical Programs as a Juvenile Defender.
Prior to law school, Allison graduated Summa Cum Laude from Elmira College, where she received her Bachelor of Science in Economics and International Business. Prior to graduation, she was inducted to Phi Beta Kappa, America’s most prestigious honor society. She also played for the Elmira College Women’s Field Hockey Team as a midfielder throughout college and served as secretary of her class.
Allison is a proud member of the Real Estate Bar Association (REBA), Greater Lynn Bar Association, Essex County Bar Association. Allison has been named a “Rising Star” by Superlawyers Magazine in 2021 and 2022. A proud resident of Lynn, Allison enjoys kickboxing and hiking in the Lynn Woods with her black lab, Ringo.
- Massachusetts, 2017
- U.S. District Court, 2018
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. – 2017
- Honors: cum laude
- Elmira College, Elmira, New York
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Economics and International Business
- Tightening the Bridle: Guiding Judicial Discretion in Child Custody Decisions , Suffolk University Law Review , 50th, 2017
- Including Statutory Factors: Guiding without Limiting Judicial Discretion in Child Custody Cases, Massachusetts Family Law Journal, Volume 34, Issue No. 2, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Real Estate Bar Association , 2016 to Present
- Essex County Bar Association, 2018 to Present
- Greater Lynn Bar Association, 2021 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Warshaw DiCarlo & Associates, P.C., Law Clerk, 2016 to 2017
- Suffolk University Law School Clinical Programs, Juvenile Defenders, 2016-2017
- Volunteer Lawyers Project, 2014-2015
- “Careers in Trust & Estates Law,” Panelist, The Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, April 2021